- 88 grams (½ cup) black beans, unsoaked, rinsed, soaked
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup broth, preferably beef or vegetable
- 1 cup (235ml) water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package McCormack Taco Seasoning Mix (Strength: Your choice)
- 1 package Ben’s Original Ready Rice, Long Grain & Wild Rice (or your choice)
- 1 11oz (311g) can, Green Giant Steam Crisp Mexicorn, drained
- Add beans, salt, broth, and water to the Instant Pot.
- Pressure cook on high for 30 minutes.
It will take about 8 minutes for the Instant Pot to pressurize before cooking begins.
- Let the beans rest in the pot for 20 minutes so the steam can dissipate naturally.
This means you don’t push any buttons — we recommend setting another timer so you’ll remember to remove the lid after 20 minutes.
- While the beans are resting, brown the ground beef.
- While the beef is browning, mix Taco Seasoning Mix in 3/4 cup water (or broth).
- When beef is browned, pour Taco Seasoning Mix into pan with beef.
Bring to boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- While beef mixture is simmering, microwave Ready Rice for 90 seconds.
- When beef mixture has simmered for 5 minutes, mix in:
- Ben’s Original Ready Rice, from microwave
- Green Giant Mexicorn
- When the Instant Pot has de-pressurized, add the black beans from the Instant Pot.
With this mix, you can make nachos, tacos, burritos, bowls, whatever you like!