- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thigh tenders or chicken breast tenders
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp grated fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ cup cashews
- Combine flour and pepper in a large Ziploc bag.
- Add chicken.
- Shake to coat with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown chicken about 2 minutes on each side.
- Place chicken in the slow cooker.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes in small bowl; pour over chicken.
- Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.
- Add cashews and stir.
Serve over rice.
If you like sauce and want to have some to pour over the chicken and the rice, double the sauce ingredients