Skip to content
- 12 large eggs
- one 12-oz container of Domino Quick Dissolve Superfine Sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 half-gallon of Maple Hill Creamery Organic Whole Milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons of McCormick Extra Rich Pure Vanilla Extract (a/k/a “Small Batch”)
- 1 teaspoon of McCormick Gourmet Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 1 pint heavy (whipping) cream
- Additional nutmeg, optional
- In a heavy saucepan, whisk together eggs, sugar and salt.
- Gradually add 4 cups milk.
- Cook and stir over low heat until a thermometer reads 160°-170°, 30-35 minutes. Do not allow to boil.
- Immediately transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in vanilla, nutmeg and remaining milk.
- Place bowl in an ice-water bath, stirring until milk mixture is cool.
(If mixture separates, process in a blender until smooth.)
- Refrigerate, covered, until cold, at least 3 hours.
- To serve, beat cream until soft peaks form.
- Whisk gently into cooled milk mixture.
- If desired, sprinkle with additional nutmeg before serving.
- Eggnog may be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for several days.
Whisk it before serving.
- If you’re entertaining the 21-and-over crowd, spike this easy eggnog recipe with bourbon or dark rum.